This post was most recently updated on January 23rd, 2020
Hey! I’m Maddy, and I’m so stoked that you’re here.
I’m a twenty-something-year-old with an unending appetite for adventure and awesome food. If you feel the same way, we’re going to be great friends.
Over the past few years, I’ve been traveling the world, meanwhile going to school and working.
I’m a firm believer in the idea that anyone can travel and live a more adventurous life, so I created this website to share my tips, stories, and inspiration to help you do just that — live adventurously, whether you’re abroad or at home!
To sum myself up into a paragraph: I’m all about exploring this beautiful planet and experiencing everything it has to offer. Cooking, beaching, snowboarding, hiking, and eating are a few of my favorite pastimes. I love all kinds of travel, whether it’s to a big city, a beach town, or a mountain resort. I’ll never turn down a delicious-smelling food truck, even if I’ve just stuffed my face with a five-course meal. And I’m always game for any adventure.
More about me…
- I’m from Southern California, but I currently call Byron Bay, Australia home. Out of everywhere I’ve been, this is the place that me feel happiest and at peace!
- My list of favorite places is long and includes: Myanmar, Perú, Norway, Bali, New York City, New Zealand, México, and of course, Byron!
- I’m a fan of the finer things — red wine, bean-to-bar chocolate, good cups of tea, delicate pastries, fancy hotels, craft beer, and fine-dining experiences.
- But on the other hand, my favorite activities include hiking, camping, adventure sports, lazing at the beach, exploring gritty neighborhoods, and feasting on all kinds of street food.
- Food is everything to me!
- Even though I’m a foodie, I try to stick to a plant-based (vegan) diet wherever possible. Sometimes that’s difficult while traveling, so sometimes I eat fish, eggs, and dairy. Strictly no meat, though! Health, the environment, and animal welfare were all factors in deciding to change my diet.
- I speak Spanish, but I also speak food words in many languages — Italian, Indonesian, German, Dutch, French, etc. Which is the real accomplishment here?
- I am a strong advocate for spending money on experiences over material things.
- I earned my bachelor’s degree in Strategic & Corporate Communication, which is essentially marketing and business through a communicator’s lens. I also took heaps of journalism and Spanish courses.
- I love to cook, which is why you’ll find delicious travel-inspired recipes all over this site!
- Snowboarding is one of my favorite pastimes. But since I live at the beach, I’m determined to get better at surfing.
- I love, love, love yoga and I try to practice daily.
- You’ve never seen eyes light up like mine do when the server brings food to the table.
- I’ve recently taken up pottery! I love making beautiful pieces and giving them to friends and family.
- I try to read at least one new book per month – I like to read a lot of historical fiction novels, thrillers, and entrepreneurial/self-improvement books. Send me your recommendations!
- I’m a Potterhead for life. I probably shouldn’t admit that I know most of the lines to every film. I’ve also devoured each book at least twice.
Again, thanks for being here!
I couldn’t be more excited to share my adventures and insights with you.
If you’re new here, make sure to stop by the Start Here Page, so that you can learn more about what this blog is about and find my best resources!