This post was most recently updated on February 2nd, 2017
To this day, we still can’t stop thinking about our stay at the *Hyatt Regency Phuket.
With unbeatable views of the Andaman Sea, incredible guestrooms, world-class swimming pools, and fresh, thoughtful cuisine, the *Hyatt Regency Phuket is a destination in itself. Phuket’s main attractions almost seem secondary, like added bonuses of sorts, when compared to the Hyatt Regency Phuket.
During our stay, peeling ourselves out of our king-size beds and leaving our luxury, ocean-view oasis was the ultimate struggle. Oh, what a lovely problem to have!
Upon landing at Phuket International Airport, we were pleased to discover a Hyatt-owned Mercedes Benz waiting for us outside of the arrival hall. In just forty minutes, our private driver had quickly whisked us away from the airport’s crowds and into Hyatt’s luxurious take on Thai paradise.
Huge smiles, exotic purple juice, and cold towels greeted us the moment we stepped into the Hyatt Regency Phuket’s lobby. This kind of guest anticipation and attentiveness impressed us right off the bat, but there was much more to come…
*This post contains affiliate links.
After a speedy, efficient check-in, we were kindly invited to attend Sunday brunch at the Hyatt’s Pool House (the all-day dining restaurant). With a collection of delectable Thai and Italian cuisines, sourced from only the freshest and most flavorful ingredients, dining at the Pool House for Sunday brunch was a sheer delight. Of course, we opted for the Thai classics: creamy green chicken curry, crispy fried pork, spicy chicken larb, and mango sticky rice. Yum, yum, yum. Our stay at the Hyatt Regency Phuket was already off to a great start!
Next, we were driven by golf cart up to our guestroom and personally shown each and every one of the room’s features and amenities. The Hyatt Regency Phuket graciously upgraded us to their best, most spacious, most luxurious room: the Deluxe Two-Bedroom suite.
When we walked into our new home for the next couple of days, we absolutely could not believe our eyes. We swung open the door to find unobstructed ocean views and a foyer with offerings of dried mango, fresh fruit, complimentary waters and drinks, and a personalized welcome card.
To our left, through a doorway, was the first bedroom, complete with a closet, dresser, flat-screen television, and direct access to the restroom. And to our right, stood a giant walk-in closet, filled with amenities such as robes, slippers, a beach bag, umbrellas, and a safe box.
As we continued down the hallway, we discovered a living room, which featured a comfy couch, desk and chair, and a stunning ocean view.
Next we noticed the restroom, and particularly, a large soaking bathtub, a spacious shower, double sinks, and bright orchid flowers. From the restroom, through a sheet of glass, we gazed into the second bedroom.
The second bedroom had all of the same amenities as the first, plus floor-to-ceiling ocean views, and a balcony, which played host to a plush daybed and a full dining set-up.
To say that we were completely and utterly blown away would be an understatement. Is this actually real life? Is this my life? Is this actually happening to me? Someone pinch me.
So it turns out that it was real life. My life. And the next few days at the Hyatt Regency Phuket turned out to be just as wonderful as the first few hours of our stay.
After a bit of relaxation, we got ready, and hopped on the Hyatt Regency Phuket’s shuttle to Patong Beach to check out its raunchy nightlife and see a ladyboy show. It was all quite interesting, to say the least. But you can bet that that king-size bed and ocean view were dancing around in my head during the entire show. I couldn’t wait to get back to our temporary paradise.
Over the next couple of days, we experienced everything this amazing 5-star beach resort had to offer. Here are some of the highlights we enjoyed at the Hyatt Regency Phuket:
- No matter where we ventured to inside the resort, we enjoyed incredible views of the Andaman Sea. This factor made it almost impossible for us to leave.
- Nestled high up in the Hyatt Regency Phuket’s hillside, we enjoyed drinks and tapas at the Regency Club lounge, while overlooking the Club’s beautiful infinity pool and the Andaman Sea. This was the perfect way to unwind after a long day of exploring.
- The service at the Hyatt Regency Phuket was one-of-a-kind. Everyone at the Hyatt seemed genuinely happy to be at work, which showed through in the way they treated us. We’ve seldom experienced customer service as authentic and attentive as the Hyatt Regency Phuket’s.
- While sunbathing on daybeds at the Hyatt’s main infinity pool, cool sea breezes drifted past us, and the world’s most colorful sunsets lit up the skies.
- I already described just how unbelievable our Deluxe Two-Bedroom suite was, but I felt the need to say it again. Put simply, this space was perfection.
- At the Pool House, we devoured a delicious traditional Thai meal at the restaurant’s Thai night. This was one of our most memorable meals during our Asia tour. Everything was fresh, bursting with rich and spicy flavors, and prepared right in front of our eyes.
- The Hyatt Regency Phuket is situated just thirty-five minutes from the airport, and everything we wanted to see and do in Phuket was very near our resort, making it the perfect base for exploring the island.
- Not only does the Hyatt Regency Phuket offer shuttles to Patong Beach, but also to the popular Kamala Beach. These shuttles were such a lovely touch that made our stay at the Hyatt even more convenient.
I wouldn’t change a thing about our stay at the Hyatt Regency Phuket, and quite honestly, I wish I were still there right now. Each and every staff member at the Hyatt Regency Phuket treated us like royalty, leaving us nearly speechless on multiple occasions. And that’s exactly how we all want to be (and should be) treated when we’re paying for five-star service and accommodation.
The Hyatt Regency Phuket truly lives up to its five-star title, in all aspects.
And have I mentioned its unrivaled location, fit for the most picturesque sunsets and beach views you may ever see in your life?
If you’re planning a trip to Phuket, choose the Hyatt Regency Phuket as your destination; you’ll most certainly be glad that you did.
The Hyatt Regency Phuket is great for:
– Family holidays
– Romantic getaways
– Mother-daughter trips
– Vacations with friends
You can book your luxurious Thailand vacation here.
The Travel Alphas were graciously welcomed as guests of the Hyatt Regency Phuket, but as always, all experiences and opinions are completely our own.
*This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase through a link on our site, we will receive a commission, at no extra cost to you. These commissions help keep Travel Alphas up and running, and we thank you for your support!