This post was most recently updated on November 9th, 2019
Start Your Adventure!
Hi. Hola. Hallo. Ciao. Namaste. Ni hao.
Welcome to Travel Alphas! I’m honored to have you as part of my community of food-obsessed, adventure-loving travelers!
I know that so many people struggle with balancing adventurous lives with their limited budgets and time, which is why it’s my passion to help you travel more, and do more of the things that make you happy, every single day.
I believe in making every day an adventure, whether you’re abroad or at home.
Since creating Travel Alphas in 2014, I’ve published countless destination guides, travel tips, delicious recipes, foodie guides, and lifestyle posts to inspire you to live more adventurously.
If it’s your first time here, all of this information can be overwhelming! So I created this page to introduce you to myself, this blog, and some of my best resources.
Step 1: Get to Know Me
Nice to meet you. I’m Maddy. Adventurer. Eater. Life-long learner. World traveler. Californian.
If you’re wondering about the creator of Travel Alphas (or if you’re looking for a new like-minded, travel-obsessed friend), then head over to the About Page to read about me.
Then, feel free to drop me a line and introduce yourself! Tell me where you’re from, why you love to travel, and whatever else you feel like sharing. I love hearing from readers and making new friends!
Step 2: Join the Community
Before you dive into this site, I’d like to invite you to join the community of food-obsessed, adventure-loving travelers. As a part of the community, I’ll send you a weekly newsletter full of exclusive content you can’t find on this website.
These newsletters are packed with tons of tips, tricks, and inspiration to live more adventurously, abroad and at home. Specifically, you can expect exciting updates on my wanderings, my best travel stories and wisdom, my newest travel, lifestyle, and foodie guides, delicious recipes, the best life-simplifying travel gadgets, and so much more. You’re free to unsubscribe at any time, but I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Let’s get social!
If you’re an avid Instagrammer, then make sure to connect with me at @travelalphas.
When I’m traveling, Instagram is the first platform I update with photos, videos, and stories, so make sure to follow along!
I’m also always pinning what inspires me.
If you love great travel and food visuals as much as I do, then make sure to follow on Pinterest here.
Step 3: Browse My Best Resources
Here at Travel Alphas, it’s my mission to share content that helps and inspires you to travel and more live your most adventurous life daily.
Since it’s your first time here, I thought I’d round up some of my best travel, food, and lifestyle articles to help you along on your journey!
Here are some of my most helpful travel tips:
- 20 Crucial Tips for Surviving Long-Haul Flights in Economy Class
- Pre-Travel Checklist: 25 Things You Must Do Before International Travel
- 20 Secrets to Always Booking the Cheapest Flight Possible
Here are some of my most popular travel posts:
- California Bucket List: 50 Things to Do Before You Die
- The Top 10 Most Underrated Things to Do in NYC
- Two Days in Venice, Italy: A Perfect Itinerary
- New York City Bucket List: 100 Things to Do Before You Die
- 5 Must-Visit Fairy Tale Towns in Germany
Here are a few of my most-loved recipes:
- Authentic Thai Yellow Curry with Chicken
- How to Make the Best Bolognese Sauce Ever
- Authentic Mie Goreng (Indonesian Fried Noodles)
- Bún Chay: Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Fresh Herbs and Veggies
Here are some of my favorite foodie guides:
- 10 Restaurants You Can’t Miss in Paris, France
- A Foodie’s Guide to Mexico City
- Where to Eat and Drink in Vancouver
- 9 Places to Eat and Drink in Glasgow, Scotland
Oh, and before you go…
Before you set off exploring the blog, I want to thank you for being here. I love nothing more than sharing my love of travel, food, and adventure with other people around the world, and I can’t wait to get to know you better.